Thursday, October 23, 2014

Worked in My Attic All Day Today

No, this isn't my attic. Isn't it nice? I worked upstairs all day today and made a big dent in the clutter. A rainy day is perfect for organizing and I put it to good use. My fingers feel all wrinkly from spraying kitchen counter cleaner on all horizontal surfaces. I'm still far from finished but it's looking good. Our town library is having an e-waste day on Saturday. I found an ancient laptop that weighs a ton and I'm going to take it there and have them remove the hard drive. I'm taking some old printers too. It feels so good to see stuff leaving the house. When I get closer to being finished I'll post my pictures. In the meantime, here's an article about attic workspaces. Good night all. xo

5 comments:

Gail, northern California said...

You are so wise to tackle such heavy-duty projects while you are physically willing and able. And how lucky you are to have such things as an e-waste day where you can get help to remove such things as the hard drive.

Kudos, Rosemary!

The Queen Vee said...

I wrote a comment and sent it but I'm not sure if it went through.

Our community had an e-waste day about 3 weeks ago. It was very well organized, I couldn't believe all the technology that was turned in that day. They had semi trucks in the parking lot to haul it off. We turned in a 15 year old computer, 2 printers and a TV. I hope they can figure out a way to recycle parts of this stuff as I feel guilty. We are such a throw away society.

I've always wanted an attic but have never had one despite the fact that I've lived in about 23 homes in my life. I would love an attic hideaway. I adore your attic wrapping area and can't wait for the unveiling of the other half of your attic.

Hope you have a great weekend, I'll be checking in with the cottage.

Stacey Snacks said...

I was wondering whose Hermes bag that was on the floor!

Karen in VA (was CT) said...

I agree 100% ... It feels so good to clear out and organize ... What thrills me is looking in that former space and seeing clear air.

Proof that I am NOT a hoarder !!!

Have a great weekend.

Karen in VA

Karen said...

Would I love an attic space! One like the one you've shown us would be wonderful. I'm eager to see your space once you've completed your organization process. I've been weeding out, paring down and I agree, it does feel nice.
Happy Saturday.
Karen